What a weekend! We have had an incredible, amazing, wonderful weekend. We have been blessed in a way that is quite indescribable. I had experiences this weekend that I have never had before, nor could I have imagined having. Our church was blessed to be able to host the Hope for Africa Children's Choir from the East Africa Conference. These children attend the Humble School in Uganda. I encourage you to go to the following links to find out more about them.
This has some video from the United Methodist Annual Conference in Texas. Scroll down to April 28 to find the performance by the children as well as a couple of other videos.
I looked at these images and read these same stories before this weekend, but now I have hugged these children (many times!), laughed with them, cooked for them and cared for them. They are so very real and so very needy. They are also so very wonderful. I have never been thanked so many times--for everything from driving them to giving them some medicine for their coughs!
They are beautiful. Their joy is pure--straight from the Lord in Heaven. They delight in Him in such a pure way. I have so much to share about our experiences this weekend--and of course many, many pictures. I will be posting them soon. Please pray for these children. Pray that they find sponsors to help pay for the cost of staying at the school. And if you would like to provide some financial support to them, let me know. I will get the information you need to you.

No comments:
Post a Comment