I wish I had taken a picture of Annie's messy closet before we picked it up tonight. On the floor there was a blanket and two pillows. They had brought in a bunch of stuff from Emma's room--a toy microwave, play food, a pretend laptop, etc. So we took about three trips of stuff back to Emma's room and got Annie's closet back to normal. I was changing Emma out of her clothes and into her pajamas, and I said, "What were you all doing in there anyway." She said, "We were playing dorm!" It just cracked me up.
We also took all of their dirty clothes downstairs and Emma helped me get the washer started. Then we took a load of undies into the den. I asked them to fold these and make separate piles for each person. Emma was very excited. We were planning to make some chocolate chip cookies (refrigerator dough variety), and I called her to come and help. She said, "No, I'll just let Annie do it. I'm going to finish folding these panties." Okay! So Annie made the cookies, Emma folded clothes, and I just had to share how silly my girlies are.
In other news from the weekend, we lost to Warren East Friday night. Most likely we will see them again in the regional semi-finals (I think; things have changed this year, so I'm not straight on everything quite yet), but this means that we will likely play at WEHS not FSHS. Annie and Emma were so excited that Will, Nana and Papa came down for the game.



We had a great visit with Uncle Doug and Aunt Mandy, of which I got no pictures. What was I thinking? Last night we watched the UK ballgame, had a great supper and made S'mores out on the deck with the chimney pot. It was so much fun.
Okay, the cookies are ready and I have an assignment due at midnight (told you this was a subconsious way to procrasitnate but feel alright about it), so I'd better close this up. It's homecoming week! Wish me luck.

3 comments:
no great visit with Aunt Dee Dee?? sad.
only joking, that still cracks me up about playing dorm, :O)
homecoming week - love the memories from that. do people still decorate boxer shorts with puffy paint for the pep rallies? :) ha!
do they still do floats and all that? such good fun memories!
your girlies are precious!!! i'm so glad that you are sharing their stories - i love it!
Always a great visit with Aunt DeeDee--that's just a given!!! I'll give a complete run-down of homecoming week very soon.
Post a Comment