Sunday, August 12, 2007

Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now

This song has echoed through our house the last several weeks. Both girls love the Broadway Cast Hairspray soundtrack, and "Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now" is one of their favorites. Emma has seemed to take it to heart lately. And it is true, they are both on their way to becoming big girls. They have taken major steps in that direction by moving upstairs to their own rooms.





Annie's Room




Emma's Room




While we have some work to do in order to give them that finshed, polished look, we are really pleased at this point. Annie's will transition well as she gets older, and Emma has a room that any little girl would love thanks to Aunt DeeDee. Here are some close-ups of her work.




Of course, I am a little biased, but I think that her work is great! Emma can lie in bed and look at her fairies. Actually, so can Annie since they are both sleeping in there right now! While the transition to sleeping upstairs only took a few nights to adjust, sleeping in separate rooms is an entirely different thing. They enjoy being together, and I am so glad for this!


We also have a guest room and a little reading area. The guest room color is geranium leaf, which I love. The room was actually inspired by DeeDee's prom dress, which was green and black. This room also needs a few things on the wall, but the general idea is there. The reading area is now probably my favorite place in the whole house. It is so peaceful. There's little or no distractions. We can go up there together and have nice, quiet time. I love it!


2 comments:

uhlsfam said...

I love it that you are now blogging! It is so very fun and it's a great way to record some fun memories! You go!

I am LOVING the green color of paint and i'm wondering where in my house i can use it. it's so... warm and refreshing at the same time! I may be getting back to you on where you got it!

I'm so sorry that it's school time again - it doesn't start until this week here - i think later in the week. why is it going to be your busiest semester ever? what all do you have going one? nosey, aren't i???

you are going to LOVE getting notes from the blog - i think that's why i started making up things for people to respond to so that i would get more messages. it's just fun! you can go in to the settings and ask blogger to send you an email when someone posts a message. it's too cool!

ok, gotta get off here and scrub the kitchen floor. nice, eh???

mandy said...

mary beth, i am sooooooo excited!!!! i love the blog and love the pictures!!!!! i can't believe the girls moved upstairs into their new rooms. i bet they love them, and you and dee dee deserve major props on the colors and girliness. i can't wait to see them in person.

how was your birthday? i hated that we played phone tag that day, but know you all probably had a great time at mac and debbie's.

why is this your busiest semester yet? i'm being nosy too! i'm looking forward to reading on here all the time. :)