
Annie and Emma are still awaiting the premiere of High School Musical Two, which appears to be all about summer vacation, but we have begun a new school year here already. Every July, I start to look at my calendar and convince myself that three weeks is really a long time, then it is two and one. Ultimately, I know that it is up to me to simply enjoy each and everyday that I am blessed with--summer vacation or not. That is what I reconcile myself with.
This summer seemed paricularly difficult. When Annie began kindergarten, I knew she was ready. I don't recall being particularly teary-eyed at dropping her off the first day. She was five-almost-six after all. Emma has been a bit different story. She has done so well, and I am so proud of her, but she just seems so little. Actually on the first day, I was fine. I think I was so worried about her doing okay that I didn't really stop to think about myself--plus it was my first day as well. The second day though. . . we pulled up outside Franklin Elementary and she hopped out of the car with her backpack on and her high-heeled flip flops compliments of Nana and Papa. She walked up the sidewalk to the school where Mr. Swack was waiting for her. The ladies who helped her out of the car asked if it made me sad and of course that was all it took. The sunglasses went on, and I just thanked God for blessing me with a healthy, growing girl--even if it is going a little faster than I would like. By the time I got to school, I was just so full of feeling blessed that I was fine.
Thursday when I dropped her off, I was full of a different prayer. The "I-hope-we-are-right-to-send-her-on-to-school-type." She didn't want to get out of the car that morning. Two days of sitting in the cold cafeteria before school was enough for Miss Emma. The night before she prayed that she wouldn't have to go to school anymore because the cafeteria is cold and stinky. I told her maybe she should pray that it would warm up and not smell so badly. Anyway, I walked her into her room Thursday and left her with a heavy heart. But now I'm dropping her off at 7:50 when she can go straight to her room. Problem solved. She is as happy as can be again.
Annie has had a great start to third grade. She was asked to show first graders to their rooms at Simpson Elementary the first day. She has many more things to keep up with this year--7 folders and 5 notebooks. They are all so cute too. We found them at Target, and it was so much fun picking them out!
I am so proud of them both and happy to see what this new school year brings!
This summer seemed paricularly difficult. When Annie began kindergarten, I knew she was ready. I don't recall being particularly teary-eyed at dropping her off the first day. She was five-almost-six after all. Emma has been a bit different story. She has done so well, and I am so proud of her, but she just seems so little. Actually on the first day, I was fine. I think I was so worried about her doing okay that I didn't really stop to think about myself--plus it was my first day as well. The second day though. . . we pulled up outside Franklin Elementary and she hopped out of the car with her backpack on and her high-heeled flip flops compliments of Nana and Papa. She walked up the sidewalk to the school where Mr. Swack was waiting for her. The ladies who helped her out of the car asked if it made me sad and of course that was all it took. The sunglasses went on, and I just thanked God for blessing me with a healthy, growing girl--even if it is going a little faster than I would like. By the time I got to school, I was just so full of feeling blessed that I was fine.
Thursday when I dropped her off, I was full of a different prayer. The "I-hope-we-are-right-to-send-her-on-to-school-type." She didn't want to get out of the car that morning. Two days of sitting in the cold cafeteria before school was enough for Miss Emma. The night before she prayed that she wouldn't have to go to school anymore because the cafeteria is cold and stinky. I told her maybe she should pray that it would warm up and not smell so badly. Anyway, I walked her into her room Thursday and left her with a heavy heart. But now I'm dropping her off at 7:50 when she can go straight to her room. Problem solved. She is as happy as can be again.
Annie has had a great start to third grade. She was asked to show first graders to their rooms at Simpson Elementary the first day. She has many more things to keep up with this year--7 folders and 5 notebooks. They are all so cute too. We found them at Target, and it was so much fun picking them out!
I am so proud of them both and happy to see what this new school year brings!


1 comment:
oh, your girls are so precious! and so photogenic! i'm loving it! do you care if i share your blog with a friend of mine? she just dropped her 5 year old twins off at kindergarten and she would sooooo appreciate your words... :-)
hope you all have a good weekend - it's FRIDAY! :-)
Post a Comment